Q: Why are the video and audio out-sync while ClonerAlliance Flint series products working with OBS?
Strongly Recommended: Please Do install HDML-Cloner Pro Helper(2.1 or above) on your computer. Generally, you won't get the issue any more.
If you are Mac/Linux users or really don't want to install HDML-Cloner Pro Helper, It could be resolved by adjusting a few settings. Please proceed as follows:
Step 1: Adjust audio settings of Windows computer.
1. Connect ClonerAlliance Flint LX to PC first. Right click on “Speaker” Icon of Windows desktop tray bar, choose “Recording devices”.
- At “Advanced” tab, double click “CA FLINT”, select the sample rate as “2 channel 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)”
Note: It is an important setting, otherwise may cause the bad audio quality issue.
Step 2: Launch OBS Studio, Click “+” icon under “Sources” window, and select “Video Capture Device”, then select “CA FLINT” in the drop box next to “Device”:
Step 3: Set Audio Output Mode to “Output desktop audio (WaveOut), Audio Device to “CA FLINT Audio”:
Step 4: Set the video latency for make the audio and video synchronized if necessary:
- Right click “Video Capture Device” then click “Filters”:
- Click to add “Video Delay (Async)” :
- Set it to 470ms (You can adjust it smaller or bigger until you found the audio and video synchronized):
Step 5: Then you can recording or streaming video: